Written By: Gilda Armendi
Traditionally, when it comes to weddings, it is all about the bride!
However, there are several types of weddings to choose from and one in particular can be daring, yet adventurous. Now, if the bride decides she wants to have a destination wedding, a destination wedding it is. It may appear to be expensive, but not if she chooses wisely. Considering the options for the once-in-a-lifetime event, a destination wedding sounds appealing already, since the nuptials will be on
their honeymoon at the same time.
However, some possible destination weddings that are popular today are European weddings, which sound amazing if the couple lives near Europe, because that can get pricey, especially for guests. Yet, for the United States couple, beach weddings are a hit. And besides Canada, the best and wisest choice has to be Mexico! According to the website “Piece of Cake Wedding Planning”, Mexico is ranked number #4 on their list. (Visit “Piece of Cake Wedding Planning”) While offering travelers a chance to unwind, relax and sunbathe, the couple can enjoy their honeymoon as well.
While the budget should be kept in mind, so should the couple’s guests. Knowing that she is not going in on this alone, her guests should be told in their invitations that reservations are only blocked for the bride’s wedding, travel and stay are not. If an adult-only reception is given, childcare is excluded and so guests should have that taken care of as well. Hence, an accommodations card should be included in the
invitation after getting all the facts from her travel agent, including the deadline for reservations, phone number to hotel, and maybe even, in the RSVP card, how many children will be in attendance. (Etiquette for wedding invitations should include the right information.)
Planning is everything!
Some of the best beaches are in Mexico, with water-sports, cheap shopping, well
mannered servers, beautiful hotels, authentic cuisine, and yes, cheap, cheap alcohol,
if the party consists of drinkers. All of this inexpensive compared to other countries.
(An itinerary would be helpful, too.) A bride will be consumed by Mexico’s rich heritage as well as having her guests intrigued by the scenario, climate, and activities.
The three major reasons why Mexico is a perfect destination-style wedding getaway is first and foremost because it is inexpensive: hotel expense, travel tickets, and shopping would be painless. Second, it has a beautiful backdrop for wedding photos. The mixed rainbow of colors from aisles of shop decor, piñatas lining the markets, pina-coladas, margaritas, and not to forget that blue – turquoise water is picturesque. A breathtaking photo for a wedding backdrop is a definite. And third, if the couple is living in the US, it is as close to home as you can get. Most importantly, do not forget the passports! Visit travel.state.gov on documents needed when visiting outside of the United States.
Destination weddings can be one of the most exciting places to say “I Do” if the couple is wanting to get married in front of relatives and friends. There are destination wedding packages at Everafter.
The bride can also visit sites like wedding in mexico.
Popular places for destination weddings:
- Acapulco – relatively close to Mexico City and situated in a natural bay and perfect for water sports galore. Such tropical places as Acapulco are popular for those water enthusiasts.
- Cancun – a tropical, white sandy beach in the Gulf of Mexico, which runs off the Yucatan peninsula. It is adjacent to the Caribbean Sea, surrounded by hotels, pools, shopping and a vast number of Mayan ruins while also being known for it is strikingly beautiful history.
- Cozumel – right off the second largest coral reef in the world, which goes for miles, and the Caribbean Sea in which it rests. The climate is subtropical and the people native to Cozumel are of Mayan descent.
- Puerto Vallarta – a Mexican beach resort city situated on the Pacific Ocean’s Bahía de Banderas.
- Los Cabos – known for its white sand beaches and southern tip of Mexico’s magnificent peninsula, a Mecca with an average year-round temperature of 78 degrees.
- Riviera Maya – off the Caribbean coastline, archeological ruins and plenty of resort-style hotels surrounded by beautiful beaches.
And finally, escape into the enticing yet crystal clear water and go for a revitalizing escape into the tropical beaches of Mexico. Whether it is only for two or for a large party of 200 guests, discover the outdoor wealth of things to do with family and friends — a great place to begin a nuptials life “forever after”.